Assemblywoman Nolan Joins One-Year Anniversary Celebration of Peace at Queensbridge Houses
Assemblywoman Catherine Nolan speaking at the event at Jacob Riis Settlement House.
On Thursday, January 19 Assemblywoman Catherine Nolan joined the 696 Build Queensbridge Crisis Management Team, Jacob Riis Settlement House and many others to celebrate a one-year anniversary celebration of peace at Queensbridge Houses.
“It was an honor to participate in this wonderful ceremony to commemorate a one-year anniversary of peace in Queensbridge Houses” said Assemblywoman Catherine Nolan. “A big thanks to all of my colleagues in government, civic leaders, and partners in the community including April Simpson, TA President of Queensbridge Houses, Chris Hanaway of Jacob Riis Settlement House, Bishop Mitchell Taylor, the 696 organization, Council Majority Leader Jimmy Van Bramer, 114th Police Precinct and PSA#9. Congratulations to all of the honorees and I look forward to continue working with everyone to ensure that Queensbridge remains a safe place to live for all of its wonderful residents.”
The ceremony took place at the Jacob Riis settlement house and the following individuals were honored for their contributions to the community:
- Christopher Hanway, Executive Director of Jacob Riis Settlement House
- K. Bain, Founding Director, 696 Build Queensbridge
- Taylonn Murphy- Violence Interrupter Supervisor Political Education, 696 Build Queensbridge Staff
- Shyism Bryant- Outreach Worker Supervisor Anti-violence Pro Self- Defense, 696 Build Queensbridge Staff
- Tiffani Alston- Outreach Worker Women’s Empowerment, 696 Build Queensbridge Staff
- Emmanuel Malik Campbell- Outreach Worker Awareness /Communication, 696 Build Queensbridge Staff
- Marquis Black- Violence Interrupter Gang Expert, 696 Build Queensbridge Staff
Top Row – K Bain, Founding Director, 696 Build Queensbridge, Detective McLeod, PSA#9, Chris Hanaway, Executive Director Jacob Riis Settlement House, Detective Darryl Johnson, PSA#9, Council Majority Leader Jimmy Van Bramer, Captain Bogle, PSA#9.
Bottom Row - Edwin Cadiz, Assemblywoman Nolan’s office, Assemblywoman Catherine Nolan and April Simpson, President, Queensbridge Tenant Association.