Rules of the Assembly
Rule VII -- Guidelines for a System of Internal Controls
Section 1. Internal Controls. Pursuant to Article six of the Legislative Law as enacted by the New York State Governmental Accountability, Audit and Internal Control Act of 1999, the following guidelines for a System of Internal Controls are hereby established.
- All financial transactions shall be executed in accordance with the general or specific authorization of the Speaker or his or her designated representative.
- All financial transactions shall be recorded in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles or other applicable criteria in a manner to maintain accountability for assets.
- Access to assets shall be permitted only in accordance with the authorization of the Speaker or his or her designated representative.
- The recorded accountability for assets shall be compared with the existing assets at reasonable intervals and appropriate action shall be taken with respect to any differences.
- The System of Internal Controls shall provide reasonable assurance that the foregoing are accomplished.