As a member of the New York State Assembly, I am committed to supporting those brave individuals who have served our country so honorably. On this page you will find important information regarding opportunities and resources available to our Veterans.
- Veterans can now apply for a special designation on their driver's license through the state DMV. Veterans no longer have to carry around DD-214 forms to prove they have served in the military. The special licenses are intended to eliminate the need for veterans to carry separate documentation proving their military service in order to take advantage of discounts or other programs available to vets.
The Veterans Job Bank
The Veterans Job Bank is a resource that allows veterans to access jobs available specifically for them. For more information about the Veterans Job Bank please visit: Veterans Employment Center
Saratoga County Veterans
The Saratoga County Veterans' Service Agency the Agency is staffed by Accredited Service Officers to assist in filing claims for Federal VA benefits and an agency staff that provides additional services to include:
- Transition Assistance
- Homeless Outreach - Housing Assistance
- Van Transportation to Stratton VA Medical Center, Albany
- Military Records and Medals Requests
- Outside agency connections and referrals
- Employment connections and referrals to resources
Their office is located at 152 West High Street Suite 201, Ballston Spa, N.Y. 12020 and can be reached, for further information, at (518) 884-4115.
Washington County Veterans
The Washington County Veterans' Office assists veterans and their families in obtaining the benefits that they have earned such as:
- Support through a partnership with Federal, State, Community programs and local Veterans Agencies
Their office is located at 383 Broadway, Room A129, Fort Edward, NY 12828 and can be reached, for further information, at (518) 746-2470.
Albany Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center
Glens Falls VA Primary Care