Assemblyman Ed Ra (R-Franklin Square) honored 12 women as “Women of Distinction” from the 19th Assembly District. These women were selected for their notable accomplishments professionally and in the community last week. Additionally, he presented three women with W.I.S.E., Special Recognition, and Emerging Leader awards.
“I am proud to recognize these exceptional ‘Women of Distinction’ in my district. Their accomplishments and what they give back to our communities are what make this part of Long Island great,” said Ra. “It is an honor to applaud their life’s work and celebrate them with their families and friends.”
The 2021 Women of Distinction are:
- Susan Cassidy, East Williston;
- Gina Centauro, Franklin Square;
- Kerry Couture, Garden City;
- Dorine Dand, Garden City South;
- Denise Heckelman, Mineola;
- Dr. Naz Khan, Garden City Park;
- Shirley Lilavois, MSN, ANP-BC, New Hyde Park;
- Elizabeth Menges, Garden City;
- Kathleen Musgrave, RN, Franklin Square;
- Theresa Oster, West Hempstead;
- Sandra Schneider, RN, Garden City;
- Kristine Thomas, Floral Park;
- Lola Intagliata, Franklin Square – W.I.S.E Award;
- Christine Napolitano, Williston Park – Special Recognition; and
- Julia Perrino, Mineola – Emerging Leader.
Mary-Grace Tomeck was the keynote speaker for the evening and Angelina Kolobukhova was the singer providing music for the ceremony. Family and friends were in attendance, both in person and virtually.